Importance of Technology
The Town of Ashland is making investments in information technology solutions, which through careful planning, cooperative business, and technical execution, will provide a return on investment in the form of improved services.
The department is enthusiastic in performing the task of researching and delivering new technology while never losing focus on the critical role of maintaining the current technical infrastructure and providing exceptional customer service to all agencies.
The primary responsibilities of Information Systems include:
- Ensure security and integrity of the Town of Ashland's network and data
- Provide for the procurement, development, upgrade, and support of business software for customer departments
- Provide network infrastructure to support town computer operations and information transfer
- Provide support for desktop equipment through help desk and on-site customer assistance
- Support radio and telephone communications for town departments