Update (4/27/21): The most current information about COVID-19 in Virginia can be found at Coronavirus (virginia.gov) Please also follow the Virginia Department of Health on Facebook for updates.
Update (2/17/21): Virginians can pre-register for the COVID-19 vaccine online at vaccinate.virginia.gov or by calling 877-VAX-IN-VA. The Commonwealth’s new, centralized system allows individuals to easily pre-register for the free vaccine, confirm that they are on the wait list, and learn more about Virginia’s vaccination program. If you already pre-registered with the health district you do not need to register again.
COVID Vaccine Information for Ashland Residents (Chickahominy Health District)
We can all agree that we are ready to move beyond COVID. As the Chickahominy Health District (CHD), supported by Hanover County, rolls out the COVID vaccines to community members, who fall within the phases established by the state, please remember these 5 things:
- Please DO call the COVID call center at 804-365-3240 or visit https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/chickahominy/ and complete the CHD Vaccine Sign-up Survey, if you’d like to add your name to the vaccine list. The call center is handling a large volume of calls so if you leave a message, the team will contact you as soon as possible. You only need to do one of these steps to be on the list (either call or fill out the survey online).
- Please DO NOT expect an immediate call to schedule a vaccination appointment. Please be patient. You will be contacted when an appointment slot is available based on your eligibility and vaccine supply. When a CHD team member contacts you, please do not give out their contact information without asking them first. There is a team of staff working on appointments together – no one person can do this work alone.
- DO (safely) help your eligible family and friends sign up to be on the vaccine list, if they are not able to do so on their own.
- DO NOT call or email daily to check on your status. CHD will contact you when an appointment is available. There is a process that must be followed for this to work – right now, it is not a fast process, but improving daily.
- DO be kind and help if you are able. The links below are a few ways you can support local vaccine and COVID response efforts.
Remember, we have the same goal, which is to end this pandemic and protect the health of our loved ones and ourselves. As you wait for your turn, please continue to practice mask wearing, physical distancing, and hand washing. We are in this together and we will end this together.
CHD Volunteer Opportunities
CHD Job Openings (temporary positions)