What businesses can I operate on my property?
First, determine the zoning district your property is located in by checking the town's zoning map or calling the Planning Department at (804) 798-1073.

Next, look up the permitted uses for your zoning district. If your use is not listed in the permitted use section, check the conditional use section to determine if your use requires a Conditional Use Permit (CUP).

Show All Answers

1. Can I change the zoning or Comprehensive Plan designation of my property?
2. What are setbacks?
3. What businesses can I operate on my property?
4. How do you determine the assessment of my property?
5. How do I obtain a building permit?
6. What is the process for submitting an application for any development activity (i.e., rezoning, conditional use permit, site development plan)?
7. How do I connect to public water and sewer?